After working with parts, you need to replace the cover and reconnect any cables, including telephone lines and power cords. Also, depending on the part that was replaced, you might need to confirm the updated information in the Setup Utility program.
To complete the part installation:
- Ensure that all components have been reassembled correctly and that no tools or loose screws are left inside your computer. See "Locating components" for the location of various components.
- Make sure that the cables are routed correctly before lowering the drive bay assembly.
- Lower the drive bay assembly and position the drive locks to the locked position. Otherwise, you cannot close the computer cover.
- Close the computer cover.
- If a cover lock is installed, lock the cover.
- If your computer is being placed in the vertical position, attach the floor stand.
- Reconnect the external cables and power cords to the computer. See "Locating connectors on the rear of your computer".
- If you are replacing the system board, you must update (flash) the BIOS. See "Updating (flashing) BIOS from a diskette or CD-ROM".