Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the "Important safety information" in the ThinkCentre Safety and Warranty Guide that came with your computer. To obtain a copy of the ThinkCentre Safety and Warranty Guide, go to: http://www.lenovo.com/support
This section provides instructions on how to replace the optical drive.
To replace the optical drive, do the following:
- Remove the computer cover. See "Removing the computer cover".
- Remove the front bezel. See "Removing and reinstalling the front bezel"
- Disconnect the signal cable and the power cable from the rear of the optical drive.
- Press the blue release button and remove the optical drive out of the front of the computer.
- Remove the retaining bracket from the optical drive being replaced and install it on the new optical drive.
- Slide the new optical drive into the bay from the front until it snaps into position.
- Connect the signal cable and the power cable to the optical drive.
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement".