- Do not undock your computer from the X4 UltraBase Dock while the status indicator of the X4 UltraBase Dock is blinking or on. Wait until the status indicator turns off. Undocking while the indicator is blinking or on causes the system to beep, and the computer may halt.
- If you are using Microsoft Windows 2000 or Microsoft Windows XP, you may be able to hot undock or warm undock the computer from the X4 UltraBase Dock. Hot undock is undocking the computer from the X4 UltraBase Dock while in operating mode. Warm undock is undocking the computer from the X4 UltraBase Dock while in standby mode.
To perform a hot-undock:
- Press the eject request button of the X4 UltraBase Dock then the device status window of X4 UltraBase Dock pops up with an OK message.
For Windows 2000, click Start and then select Eject PC.
For Windows XP, click Start and then select Undock Computer.
- Make sure that the status indicator of the X4 UltraBase Dock is off
- Undocking the UltraBase suddenly while the computer is operating without performing the procedure above may cause the system to malfunction or hang.
- To perform a warm undock in Windows 2000 or Windows XP, press the eject request button of the X4 UltraBase Dock. The system will then resume with an OK message. Make sure that the status indicator of the X4 UltraBase Dock is off. The computer will re-enter standby mode. For operating systems other than Windows 2000 and Windows XP, the X4 UltraBase Dock can be immediately undocked from your computer.
Note: To check whether hot/warm undock is enabled
- Start the ThinkPad Configuration Program.
- Click Device bay.
- Make sure that the display shows Enable. If it does not, select Enable from the drop-down menu, and restart your computer to make the change effective.
- If you are hot or warm undocking the computer, make sure that
- The devices connected to USB, Serial, and Parallel connectors are not in use
- The connection to a Modem or Ethernet port has ended
- The battery is fully charged
- Insert the key into the X4 UltraBase Dock security key lock (1) and turn counterclockwise to unlock it (2).
Note: Keep the security key in a safe place. Do not lose this key; otherwise, you will be unable to undock the computer from the X4 UltraBase Dock.
- If you are cold-undocking the computer, release the eject lever of the X4 UltraBase Dock until the computer lifts up (1), and then remove the computer (2).