Your system has a Modem Daughter Card (MDC) slot, in which you can install a Modem Daughter Card.
Attention: During electrical storms, do not connect the cable to or disconnect it from the telephone outlet on the wall.
Electric current from power, telephone, and communication cables is hazardous. To avoid shock hazard, disconnect the cables before opening the cover of this slot.
To remove and replace the MDC, do as follows:
- Turn off the system; then disconnect the ac adapter and all cables from the system.
- Close the system display, and turn the system over.
- Remove the battery.
- Remove the keyboard by the procedure given in Removing the keyboard.
- Remove two screws securing the MDC.
- Remove the MDC by pulling the tab with your fingers.
- Turn the MDC over (1), and then disconnect the modem cable (2) from the MDC.
- Connect the modem cable to the new MDC (3), and then turn the MDC over (4).
- Insert the new MDC into the slot so that it is seated firmly.
- Secure the MDC with the two screws you removed in step 5.
- Reinstall the keyboard by the procedure given in Removing the keyboard.
- Reinstall the battery.
- Turn the system over again. Connect the ac adapter and cables to the system; then turn it on.