To remove the battery:
- Place the system in the service position.
- Turn off the system and all attached perpherial devices.
- Disconnect all power cords and all external signal cables.
- Open the top cover.
- Press the cover release buttons, one on each side and rotate the cover up to the open position.
- Open the drive bay assembly.
- Grasp the assembly and rotate to the open position.
- Remove the rear fan baffle assembly. Disconnect the fan power cable from the system board.
- Lift the assembly up to free the tabs from the slots in the frame and then remove the assembly from the system.
- Using a flat bladed probe, flex the battery retaining clip to free the battery and lift the battery out of the retainer.
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.