Attention: Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading the "Important safety information". You can also find this information in the Quick Reference guide that was included with your computer or in the Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM) for the computer.
Important: When you receive a new hard drive, you will also receive a set of Product Recovery CD. The set of Product Recovery CD will enable you to restore the contents of the hard drive to the same state as when your computer was originally shipped from the factory. For more information on recovering factory-installed software, refer to "Recovering Software" in the User Guide.
To replace the hard drive:
- Remove the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Disconnect the signal and power cables from the hard drive.
- Press the release tab, pull back the hard drive bay, and pivot the hard drive outward to avoid the heat sink when removing the hard drive.
- Use the blue handle to remove hard drive from drive bay.
- Slide the new hard drive into the drive bay.
- Pivot in the drive bay in place.
- Connect the power and signal cables to the hard drive. See "Identifying parts on the system board".
- Reinstall the diskette drive.
- Connect the power and signal cables to the diskette drive. See "Identifying parts on the system board".
- Go to "Completing the installation".