Attention: Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading the "Important safety information". You can also find this information in the Quick Reference guide that was included with your computer or in the Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM) for the computer.
To replace an adapter:
- Remove the computer cover. See "Cover removal ".
- At the rear of the computer, press the release button 1 to open the adapter latch 2 and remove the adapter by pulling it straight out of the adapter connector.
- Install the new adapter into the same adapter connector.
- Ensure the adapter is fully seated into the adapter connector.
- At the rear of the computer, pivot the adapter latch to the closed position to secure the adapter.
- Go to "Completing the installation".