Turning the computer off and removing the battery pack are the first steps for all option parts removal and installation instructions.
- Close the computer display.
- Disconnect the ac adapter and all cables from the computer.
- Turn the computer over, and slide the battery latch to the unlock position.
- Slide and hold the battery release latch to the unlock position (1), then slide out and lift up to remove the battery (2).
- Align the rubber feet of the spare battery with the rubber feet on the computer; then gently push the battery into the space.
- Slide the battery latch to the locked position.
- Turn the computer over again. Connect the ac adapter and the cables to the computer.