Attention: During electrical storms, do not connect the cable to or disconnect it from the telephone outlet on the wall.
Electric current from power, telephone, and communication cables is hazardous. To avoid shock hazard, disconnect the cables before opening the cover of this slot.
To replace the Mini PCI Express Card:
Attention: Before you start installing a PCI Express Mini Card, touch a metal table or a grounded metal object. This action reduces any static electricity from your body. The static electricity could damage the card.
- Turn off the system; then disconnect the ac adapter and all cables from the system. Wait for a few minutes, until the inside of the system cools, before you start the following procedures.
- Close the system display, and turn the system over.
- Remove the battery.
- Remove the two screws (1), and remove the cover (2).
- If a tool for removing connectors is included in the package with the new card, use it to disconnect the cables from the card (3). If no such tool is included, disconnect the cables from the card (3) by picking up the connectors with your fingers and gently unplugging them.
Note: Cards may have either two or three cables.
- Remove the screws (4). The card pops up (5).
- Remove the card (6).
- Align the contact edge of the new PCI Express Mini Card with the corresponding socket contact of the computer (1).
- Pivot the card until you can snap it into place by pressing the upper side of the connectors (2). Secure the card with the two screws (3).
- Attach the gray cable to the left connector, the white cable to the center connector, and the black cable to the right connector (4).
Note: If the new PCI Express Mini Card has two connectors, as in the next drawing, be sure to attach the gray cable to the left connector, and black cable to the right connector.
- Reinstall the cover by aligning the front side of the cover first (5), and closing the cover (6). Then tighten the two screws (7).
- Reinstall the battery.
- Turn the system over again. Connect the ac adapter and cables to the system; and then turn it on.