To replace the memory, do the following:
- Remove the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- You might have to remove the drive bay assembly to access the memory connectors. See "Accessing system board components and drives".
- Remove the memory module being replaced by opening the retaining clips as shown.
- Position the replacement memory module over the memory connector. Make sure that the notch 1 on the memory module aligns correctly with the connector key 2 on the system board. Push the memory module straight down into the memory connector until the retaining clips close.
- Slide the drive bay assembly towards the rear of the chassis until it snaps into position.
- Reinstall the front bezel.
- Go to "Completing the parts replacement".