Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the "Important safety information" in the ThinkCentre Safety and Warranty Guide that came with your computer. To obtain a copy of the ThinkCentre Safety and Warranty Guide, go to:http://www.lenovo.com/support
This section provides instructions on how to replace the internal speaker.
Note: The internal speaker is only available on some models.
To replace the internal speaker, do the following:
- Turn off the computer and disconnect all power cords from electrical outlets.
- Remove the computer cover. See "Removing the computer cover".
- Locate the internal speaker connector on the system board. See "Locating parts on the system board".
- Disconnect the internal speaker cable from the system board.
- Push the metal tab 1 on the top of the internal speaker outward and slide the internal speaker upward to completely remove it from the chassis.
Figure 1. Removing the old internal speaker
- Position the new internal speaker into the four metal clips 1 and push downward on the internal speaker until it is secured in place.
Figure 2. Installing a new internal speaker
- Connect the internal speaker cable to the system board. See "Locating parts on the system board".
- To complete the installation or replacement, go to to "Completing the parts replacement"