Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the "Important safety information" in the ThinkStation Safety and Warranty Guide that came with your computer.
This section provides instructions on how to replace an optical drive.
- Remove the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Remove the front bezel. See "Front bezel removal and installation".
- Locate the optical drive. See "Locating major FRUs".
- Note the location of the optical drive cables. Disconnect the signal and power cables from the rear of the optical drive.
- Press the drive latch (1) (for the drive you want to remove) and slide the optical drive from the chassis.
- Remove the retainer bracket from the drive being replaced and install it on the new drive.
- Slide the new optical drive into the bay from the front until it snaps into position.
- Reconnect the signal and power cables to the new drive.
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement".