To remove the power supply:
- Place the system in the service position.
- Turn off the system and all attached perpherial devices.
- Disconnect all power cords and all external signal cables.
- Open the top cover.
- Press the cover release buttons, one on each side and rotate the cover up to the open position.
- Open the drive bay assembly.
- Grasp the assembly and rotate to the open position.
- Disconnect the following power cables from the system board: P4 system board, P1 system board and P2 hard disk drive.
- Free the hard disk drive power cable from the two cable ties and two cable guides. Here is a closer look at a cable tie and a cable guide.
- Remove the three screws that secure the power supply to the rear chassis.
- Slide the power supply to the front of the system approximately 1/2 inch so that it will clear the retaining tabs on the guide rail and then lift the power supply out.
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.