Attention: Do not remove the computer cover or attempt any repair before reading the “Important safety information” in the Safety and Warranty Guide that was included with your computer or in the Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM) for the computer.
To replace the mouse:
- Remove any media (diskettes, CDs, or tapes) from the drives, shut down your operating system, and turn off all attached devices and the computer.
- Unplug all power cords from electrical outlets.
- Locate the connector for the mouse. See “Locating front controls and connectors” and “Locating rear controls and connectors”.
Note: Your mouse might be connected to the standard mouse connector 1 at the rear of the computer or to a USB connector 2 at either the front or rear of the computer.
- Disconnect the failing mouse cable from the computer.
- Connect the new mouse cable to the connector.
- Go to “Completing the installation.”