Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the "Important safety information" in the ThinkCentre Safety and Warranty Guide that came with your computer. To obtain a copy of the ThinkCentre Safety and Warranty Guide, go to:http://www.lenovo.com/support
This section provides instructions on how to replace the front fan assembly.
Note: The front fan assembly is only available in some models.
To replace the front fan assembly, do the following:
- Turn off the computer and disconnect all power cords from electrical outlets.
- Remove the computer cover. See "Removing the computer cover".
- Remove the front bezel. See "Removing and reinstalling the front bezel".
- Disconnect the front fan assembly cable from the power fan connector on the system board. See "Locating parts on the system board".
- Release the two tabs 1 that attach the front fan assembly to the chassis as shown and then completely remove the front fan from the chassis.
Figure 1. Removing the front fan assembly
- Insert the two tabs 2 of the new front fan assembly into the corresponding holes in the chassis, and press the other two tabs 1 through the holes until the front fan assembly is secured in place.
Figure 2. Installing the front fan assembly
- Connect the front fan assembly cable to the power fan connector on the system board.
- To complete the installation or replacement, go to "Completing the parts replacement".