Attention: Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading the "Important safety information". You can also find this information in the Quick Reference Guide that was included with your computer or in the Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM) for the computer.
For ThinkCentre A52 (type 8155, 8156, 8157, 8158, 8159, 8160) and M52 (type 8099, 8116, 8215, 9210, 9211) systems:
For ThinkCentre A52 (type 8289, 8298, 8328, 8341, 8344, 8382) systems:
- Remove any media (diskettes, CDs, or tapes) from the drives, shut down your operating system, and turn off all attached devices and the computer.
- Unplug all power cords from electrical outlets.
- Locate the connector for the keyboard. See "Locating connectors on the rear of your computer" and "Locating controls and connectors on the front of your computer".
Note: Your keyboard might be connected to the standard keyboard connector 1 at the rear of the computer or to a USB connector 2 at either the front or rear of the computer.
- Disconnect the failing keyboard cable from the computer and connect the new keyboard cable to the same connector.
- Go to "Completing the parts replacement".