Attention: Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading the "Important safety information". You can also find this information in the Quick Reference guide that was included with your computer or in the Hardware Maintenance Manual (HMM) for the computer.
To replace an optical drive:
- Remove the computer cover. See "Cover removal ".
- Remove the front bezel. See "Front bezel removal".
- Press the release button and remove the optical drive out the front of the computer.
- Slide the new optical drive into the bay from the front until it snap into position.
- Connect the signal and power cables to the drive.
- Install the front bezel. See "Front bezel remova " .
- Go to "Completing the installation".