Do not open your computer or attempt any repair before reading and understanding the "Important safety information" in the ThinkStation Safety and Warranty Guide that came with your computer. To obtain a copy of the ThinkStation Safety and Warranty Guide, go to Lenovo Support Website
This section provides instructions on how to replace the internal speaker.
Note: Not all computers have the internal speaker.
To replace the internal speaker, do the following:
- Remove all media from the drives and turn off all attached devices and the computer. Then, disconnect all power cords from electrical outlets and disconnect all cables that are connected to the computer.
- Remove the computer cover. See "Removing the computer cover".
- Locate the internal speaker connector on the system board. See "Locating parts on the system board".
- Disconnect the internal speaker cable from the system board.
- Push the metal tab (1) on the top of the internal speaker outward and slide the internal speaker upward to completely remove it from the chassis.
- Position the new internal speaker into the four metal clips (1) and push downward on the internal speaker until it is secured in place.
- Connect the internal speaker cable to the system board. See "Locating parts on the system board".
- To complete the replacement, go to "Completing the FRU replacement".