- High Definition (HD) Audio,
- Conexant CX20561 codec,
- Volume up, down, mute buttons
- Digital microphone
- Microphone Jack
- Headphone Jack
- Stereo Speaker
- ThinkVantage button
- Multimedia Fn keys
- Fingerprint reader is integrated into the palm rest of select models
- PC3-8500 1066MHz DDR3, non-parity, dual-channel capable
- Two 204-pin SO-DIMM sockets;
- The use of 1066 MHz SO DIMM memory is recommended for this system.
- 1GB or 2GB standard memory
- Supports maximum memory up to 4GB
- Recommended for memory expansion are 1 GB, and 2 GB PC3-8500 DDR3 1066MHz SO DIMM
- Intel Turbo Memory 2GB
Note: Only 64-bit operating systems support more than 3GB of system memory (RAM).
- TrackPoint® pointing device, Internet Scroll Bar, magnifying glass
- UltraNav™, wide touch pad below keyboard, Tap Zones, scrolling regions label
- Intel® Celeron® processor 575 (2.0 GHz), 667 MHz FSB1-MB L2 cache
- Intel® Celeron® processor 585 (2.16 GHz), 667 MHz FSB1-MB L2 cache
- Intel® Celeron® Dual Core processor T1600 (1.66 GHz), 667 MHz FSB, 1-MB L2 cache
- Intel® Celeron® Dual Core processor T1700 (1.83 GHz), 667 MHz FSB, 1-MB L2 cache
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo mobile processor P7370 (2.0 GHz), 1066 MHz FSB, 3-MB L2 cache
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo mobile processor P8400 (2.26 GHz), 1066 MHz FSB, 3-MB L2 cache
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo mobile processor P8600 (2.40 GHz), 1066 MHz FSB, 3-MB L2 cache
- Intel® Core™ 2 Duo mobile processor P8700 (2.53 GHz), 1066 MHz FSB, 3-MB L2 cache
- Intel® Core™ Duo mobile processor T5670 (1.8 GHz), 800 MHz FSB, 2-MB L2 cache
- Intel® Core™ Duo mobile processor T5870 (2.0 GHz), 800 MHz FSB, 2-MB L2 cache
- Intel® Core™ Duo mobile processor T6570 (2.1 GHz), 800 MHz FSB, 2-MB L2 cache
- Intel® Core™ Duo mobile processor T9400 (2.53 GHz), 1066 MHz FSB, 6-MB L2 cache
- Intel® Core™ Duo mobile processor T9550 (2.66 GHz), 1066 MHz FSB, 6-MB L2 cache
- Intel® Core™ Duo mobile processor T9600 (2.8 GHz), 1066 MHz FSB, 6-MB L2 cache
- Intel® Core™ Duo mobile processor T9800 (2.93 GHz), 1066 MHz FSB, 6-MB L2 cache
- ThinkPad 11b/g Wireless LAN Mini PCI Express Adapter III
- Intel WiFi Link 5100
- Intel WiFi Link 5300
- Bluetooth 2.0 wireless, LED indicator
- One Hard Disk Drive Bay
- One bay for removable devices
- Three USB 2.0
- External monitor (VGA DB-15, DisplayPort)
- Modem (RJ-11)
- Ethernet (RJ-45),
- IEEE 1394 FireWire 400 (4-pin connector; 1394a-2000 standard)
- Audio ports
- External stereo speakers or headphone
|For systems with 15.4-in TFT display and 6 cell: |
- Width: 358.6mm (14.1 in)
- Depth: 260mm (10.2 in)
- Height: 36–39mm (1.4 in to 1.5 in)
- Weight: 6cell: Starting at 2.93 kg (6.4 lb)
- T/R/W/SL Series Li-Ion Battery 6-cell
- T/R/W/SL Series Li-Ion Battery 9-cell
- ThinkPad 65W AC Adapter (Only compatible with the GM45 chipset models.)
- ThinkPad 90W AC Adapter
- Power cord for AC adapter
Note: All weight and dimensions are approximate.
- FCC Class-B certified to comply with FCC Rules, Part 15
- VCCI Class B
- CISPR22 Class B
- UL 60950
- CSA C22.2 No. 950
- IEC 60950
- MPR-II (Sweden)
- CE Mark
- CCC (for China)
- AC adapter: This ac-to-dc converter supplies the necessary power to the computer. The ac adapter also charges the battery pack when it is installed in the computer.
- Universal AC adapter (65 W):
- Input is 100/240 V ac, 50/60 Hz
- Output is 20 V dc, 0 - 3.25A
- The battery pack is an internal power source to the computer when the ac adapter is not available. The battery pack is rechargeable and is charged using the AC adapter with the system.
- You can determine how much battery power remains by using the ThinkPad utility program. This displays the percent charge remaining, whether one or two batteries are in the system.
- A six cell Li-Ion is shipped with the system.
- Li-Ion battery pack:
- Six-cell: 10.8 V, 2.4 Ah
- Nine-cell: 10.8 V, 2.6 Ah
- Operation hours and recharge time varies
- Security Chip on selected models,
- Fingerprint reader on selected models, offers users a convenient solution, authenticate at system startup and log on to Windows with a swipe of your finger.
- Locking device in the security slot provides physical security.
- The Embedded Security Subsystem provides for authentication and encryption of data communications.
|Power-on passwords help protect the system from unauthorized use. If a power-on password is set, the password prompt appears: |
- Each time the system is turned on.
- When the system is returned to normal operation from suspend mode.
A Supervisor Password provides a higher level of security than the power on password. The Supervisor Password protects the system functions from being used by unauthorized users,and protects the hardware configuration from unauthorized modification. The Supervisor Password prompt appears:
- When the BIOS setup screen is accessed.
A hard drive password protects hard drive data from unauthorized users. Once a hard drive password is set, data on the hard drive cannot be accessed without the correct hard drive password. Because this password is stored in the hard drive, the data remains protected even if the hard drive is removed to another system. The hard drive password prompt appears:
- Each time the system is turned on.
|The following operating systems are supported on the ThinkPad R500 systems: |
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows Vista Business
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic
- Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate
- DOS license (limited support)
- Previous versions of these operating systems are not supported.
- Operating systems other than those preinstalled on the systems may not provide full-feature functionality.
- DVD/CD-RW combo drive
- DVD drive
- DVD-RAM/RW drive
- Blu-ray disk drive
- 12.7 mm height
- Only available using External USB Floppy Disk Drive
|Hard drive features|
- 80GB (5400 rpm)
- 160GB (5400 rpm)
- 250GB (5400 rpm)
- 320GB (5400 rpm)
- 100GB (7200 rpm)
- 160GB (7200 rpm)
- 200GB (7200 rpm)
- 320GB (7200 rpm)
- 200GB (7200 rpm) FDE (Full Disk Encryption)
- 250GB (7200 rpm) FDE (Full Disk Encryption)
- SATA 1.5Gb/s
- 9.5mm high
- Supports 2nd disk
- ThinkPad Shock Mounted Hard Drive
- Active Protection System
- The Hard Drive Active Protection system protects your hard drive when the shock sensor inside your ThinkPad computer detects a situation that could potentially damage the hard drive.
- 15.4-inch, 16M colors, WXGA (1280 × 800 resolution) TFT color LCD
- 15.4-inch, 16M colors, WSXGA+ (1680 × 1050 resolution) TFT color LCD
- VibrantView (glossy)
- CCFL backlight,
- 200 nits,
- 16:10 aspect ratio,
- 300:1 contrast ratio
- Camera on top of screen, 1.3-megapixel, fixed focus
- All displays are measured diagonally.
|Video chipsets: |
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD (GMA 4500MHD)
- 128MB ATI Radeon HD 3470