This section provides instructions on how to replace a memory module.
- Open the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Locate the memory-module connectors 1 and 2.
- Remove the memory module being replaced by opening the retaining clips.
- Position the replacement memory module over the memory connector. Make sure the notch 1 on the memory module aligns correctly with the connector key 2 on the system board. Push the memory module straight down into the connector until the retaining clips close.
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement".