To replace the power-supply assembly:
- Open the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Locate the power-supply assembly. See "Locating internal components".
- Disconnect the power-supply cables 1, 2, and 3 from the system-board connectors, all adapter cards (some models) and from all drives.
- Remove the power-supply cables from the cable clips and ties.
- Remove the four screws at the rear of the chassis that secure the power supply.
- Depress the power supply latch 1. Slide the power-supply assembly toward the front of the computer, remove it from the chassis.
- Install the new power-supply assembly into the chassis so that the screw holes in the power-supply assembly align with those in the chassis.
Note: Use only the screws provided by Lenovo.
- Install and tighten the four screws at the rear of the chassis to secure the power-supply assembly.
- Ensure that the power supply is the correct replacement. Some power supplies auto sense the voltage, some power supplies are voltage specific, and some power supplies have a voltage selection switch. If there is a selection switch use a ballpoint pen to slide the switch, if necessary.
Note: For models that have a switch:
- If the voltage supply range is 100-127 V ac, set the switch to 115 V.
- If the voltage supply range is 200-240 V ac, set the switch to 230 V.
- Reconnect all the power supply cables to the drives, adapters, and the system board. Make sure to reconnect power to the graphics cards that require an additional cable.
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement".