This section provides instructions on how to replace a memory module.
- Open the computer cover. See "Cover removal".
- Locate the memory-module connectors. See "Locating system board connectors and components". If you are installing additional memory be sure the retaining clips are open.
- Remove the memory module being replaced by opening the retaining clips.
- Position the replacement memory module over the memory connector. Make sure the notch (1) on the memory module aligns correctly with the connector key (2) on the system board. Push the memory module straight down into the connector until the retaining clips close.
- Go to "Completing the FRU replacement".