This document provides steps to perform Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 8 updates
The above symptom is associated with, but not limited to, the following systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsfot Windows 8
For Microsoft Windows 7 Updates:
- For Microsoft Windows 7 users, begin by selecting the Start button.
- Select Control Panel from the Start Menu.
- Then from Control Panel select “System and Security”.
- Next, click on “Check for Updates”.
NOTE: If you have changed the View of Control Panel to large or small icons, scroll to the bottom of the list and select “Windows Update”.
- Next, proceed to “Check for Updates” or “Install Updates”.
- After the updates have been downloaded and installed, you will be asked to restart the machines for the updates to be applied. Select Yes to this and restart the machine.
NOTE: If the machine restarts and says your updates are being reversed, then refer to the following link:
For Microsoft Windows 8 Updates:
- Begin by pressing the Windows Key and X. The following menu will be displayed. Select “Control Panel” from the menu.
- Next, Select "System and Security.
Note: If you have changed the view to Large or Small icons, then go to the bottom and select " Windows Updates".
- Then, Select "Check for Updates" or Click on "Optional Updates" to install them all at once or one at a time.