HD audio card: there's no sound under XP SP3 system and PCI DEVICE in device manager shows yellow question mark. When you install preloaded driver KB888111, the XP SP2 patch beeps on error.
AFFECTED CONFIGURATIONS :
The above symptom may occur u nder the following operating system:
Microsoft Windows XP
1. Install WinRAR software
2. Decompress the preload driver kb888111xpsp2.exe
3. After decompression, you can find the needed drive information document under the folder kb888111xpsp2\\commonfiles
4. Open device manager, then right-click PCI Device-the driver can be updated
5. Path Choice: folder kb888111xpsp2\\commonfiles
6. Click "OK" to upload driver information
7. Install UAA BUS driver normally
8. Install ADI SoundMax normally
Note: this method should be adapted to the test of ADI and Realtek HD sound card and it is effective.
Location of the ADI UAA BUS: driver\\BusDrv\\0409
Location of the Realtek UAA BUS: driver\\MSHDQFE\\WIN2K XP\\us
Lenovo, Lenovo 3000, IdeaCentre and IdeaPad are trademarks of the Lenovo Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.