How to create password reset disk in Windows 7
Instructions for creating a password reset disk:
1. Create a password for the current account.
2. Click "Control Panel" à "User Accounts" à "Create a password reset disk".
3. Click " Next" .
4. Select the USB drive. Click " Next" .
5. Input the current user account password. Then click " Next" .
6. Wait a few seconds until the progress is completed. Then click "Next".
7. When the creation is finished, there will be a file named "userkey.psw" in the USB drive.
Instructions for using the password reset disk.
1. When a wrong password is put in, there will be a reminder of "Reset password" under the password input box. Click "Reset password".
2. In "Password Reset Wizard", click "Next".
3. Select the drive with "userkey.psw". Click "Next".
4. Input the new password as instructed. Click " Next" .
5. The password for the user account is reset successfully. Input the new password to log in to the system.
Lenovo, Lenovo 3000, IdeaCentre and IdeaPad are trademarks of the Lenovo Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.