- Install NVIDIA graphic card, and insert two monitors.
- Under Windows Vista, install driver v267.45 to system.
- Open NVIDIA control panel, choose Set up multiple displays. Enable two displays and set to clone mode, then the icons showed 2a & 2b (the normal status is 1a & 1b), and the identify display function does not work -- Issue point 1
- Then set the display to extend mode, the icon area showed 1 & 1 or only one 1 (the normal status is 1 & 2) -- Issue point 2
- When the above issue happened, close the control panel. Sometimes it pops up error message NVIDIA Control Panel Application 3.5.798.0 has stopped working -- Issue point 3
Nvidia graphic card driver v267.45 installed on following graphic card:
- NVIDIA Quadro 600 96-core CUDA 1GB Dual-Link DVI-I, DisplayPort Graphics Card (Marketing part number: 0A36183)
- NVIDIA NVS 300 DMS59 Dual-VGA, Dual-DVI Graphics Card (Marketing part number: 0A36528)
Impacted Operating System: Windows Vista (32-bit, 64-bit)
Close and re-open the NVIDIA control panel.
The issue is 20% probability occurred.