While system is entering or resuming from standby an on screen display message stating, "No signal input, please check cable. Please check cable connection and /or that you are using monitor mode" may be seen.
The above symptom may occur on the following systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
No hardware is needed.
Please update the Embedded Controller(EC) firmware to version 9BCT29A or greater.
In order to update the Embedded Controller(EC) please follow these steps:
(Note: Please update to BIOS version 9BKT31A before installing new EC firmware)
Please click here to download BIOS version 9BKT31A.
- Download the flash from operating system ThinkCentre M90z BIOS package 9BJY31USA.exe from Lenovo support website. Note: Only 9BJY31UAS or above BIOS contains EC version 29A.
- Run 9BJY31USA.exe and extract files to a folder. The default folder is C:\SWTOOLS\FLASH\9BJY31USA.
- Navigate to the folder where files were extracted. Using administrator privileges’ run EC.cmd to flash EC firmware. Do not power off system flashing EC firmware. System MUST reboot after flashing new EC firmware.
- The EC version can be checked in the BIOS setup screen. Please note that the BIOS version and EC firmware version may not match.