SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity) card may not work in the 4-in-1 Media Card Reader slot with the Windows XP factory preload.
The SD adapter driver which does not support SDHC cards may be installed and enabled, which will disallow recognition of an inserted SDHC card.
The following systems with 4-in-1 Media Card Reader slot running Microsoft Windows XP may be affected by this symptom:
- ThinkPad R61
- ThinkPad T61
If your computer runs correctly with an inserted SDHC card now, it is not necessary to do the following procedure. If your system does not correctly recognize an inserted SDHC card, please use the procedure below to enable the device driver which supports SDHC cards:
- Start Windows XP and log on with a user ID authorized as an administrator.
- Click Start and then click Control Panel.
- Click Performance and Maintenance.
- Click System.
- Click the Hardware tab.
- Click Device Manager.
- Double-click the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller section.
- Double-click Ricoh SD Bus Host Adapter.
- Click the Driver tab.
- Click the Update Driver button.
- Select No, not this time and click Next.
- Select Install from a list or specific location and click Next.
- Select Don't search. I will choose the driver to install and click Next.
- Select SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller and click Next.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete installation.
- Restart the computer.