Version 7CETD3WW (2.23)
- (New) Supports Microsoft Windows 7. (addition)
- (New) Updated the Computrace part in the BIOS.
- (Fix) Fixed an issue where the computer might not start when a new ThinkPad Hard Drive Bay Adapter was installed in the Docking Station.
Version 7CETD2WW (2.22)
- (Fix) The boot sequence is different from the expected one in case of Wake on LAN(WOL). (BIOS)
- (Fix) The computer may hang while formatting CardBus ATA drive on Windows Vista 64-bit SP1.
Version 7CETD1WW (2.21)
- (New) Added the new BIOS Setup option to avoid system hang even if the AC adapter is removed from the ThinkPad Advanced Mini Dock while the computer is attached to it. *How to enable: Set the Legacy Devices on Mini-Dock option to 'Disabled' of Docking Station of Config in BIOS Setup menu. *Note: A serial and a parallel port on the Mini-Dock will be disabled with this setup. (BIOS)
- (New) Support for machine type and serial number concatenation in SMBIOS. (BIOS)
Version 7CETD0WW (2.20)
- (New) (Intel video models only) A design change that the screen is set to extended desktop mode with an external display and "When I close the lid of my portable computer" option in the power option is set to "Do nothing", and when the lid is closed;
- (Old) The extended display mode is canceled and video output is switched to the external display only, so icons on the desktop will be moved.
- (New) The extended display mode is kept and video output is not switched, so icons on the desktop are not moved.
- (Fix) Once a fingerprint matching fails on the fingerprint sensor at power-on time, a power-on password prompt may appear immediately without retries of fingerprint detection.
- (Fix) The computer may hang at the power-on if device configuration is changed in the BIOS Setup immediately after resuming normal operation from hibernation mode.
- (Fix) A Post error may intermittently occur at wake-up from hibernation after ThinkPad BIOS Setting for Windows was run.
Version 7CETC9WW (2.19)
Version 7CETC8WW (2.18)
- (New) New video memory supported for the AMD video models. (BIOS)
Note: BIOS flash to previous release(2.18 or previous) is prohibited.
- (Fix) Provide BIOS level solution for the issue of extended video mode disabled after undock/dock operation. (BIOS)
- (Fix) A high pitch audio noise may be produced by the battery mode power management while a USB 1.1 device being connected. (BIOS)
Version 7CETC7WW (2.17)
- (new) Support for new model R60i. (BIOS and EC)
Version 7CETC6WW (2.16)
- (Fix) This BIOS contains a workaround of resolution change issue. When using an Intel Graphics model on a minidock with an external monitor set to SXGA, the resolution will intermittently be changed in certain docking/undocking situations switch to XGA. (BIOS)
- (Fix) The system can fail to boot from an optical drive. (BIOS)
Version 7CETC4WW (2.14)
- (Important) This BIOS contains a critical processor microcode update to improve system reliability. Lenovo highly recommends that you apply this BIOS update.
- (Fix) Upgraded to the latest microcode update for Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
Version 7CETC1WW (2.11)
- (Fix) On models with ATI M52/M54/M62/M64 graphics chips, Windows Bluescreen occurs intermittently during DVD playback while operating on battery power.
- (Fix) In Windows Vista, the system cannot boot from the hard drive and may display the following error message at each power on: "2100: Initialization error on HDD(Main hard disk drive)"
- (Fix) The SMBIOS structure which represents Modem jack(RJ-11) is not displayed.
Version 7CETC0WW (2.10)
- (New) Support of Microsoft Windows Vista. (BIOS)
- (Fix) Yellow "?" mark may appear at "Texas Instruments PCI-1510 CardBus Controller" in a PCMCIA of the Windows Device Manager.
Version 7CETB8WW (2.08)
- (Fix) POST error 1804 may appear at system power on with some types of USB devices. (BIOS)
- (Fix) System hang or wrong data access to hard disk drive may occur when EMM386.EXE is used during a system boot from a PC-DOS USB memory key. (BIOS)
- (Fix) The PC cards using I/O port 2F8(COM2) may not be recognized. (BIOS)
Version 7CETB7WW (2.07)
- (New) Maximum Graphics Memory size increases to 224MB. (BIOS)
- (Fix) If the computer is forcibly shut down by special conditions (such like the power button being pressed for seconds or the battery down in suspend mode), the computer may not work after power on. (BIOS)
- (Fix) The computer may be shutdown by a certain 3G GPRS card in the PC card slot. (EC)
- (Fix) Once Active Protection System is disabled, it cannot be enabled again until the system is restarted. (EC)
- (Fix) Needs to enter a BIOS supervisor password after BIOS update to 7CETB6WW/2.06 from 7CET50WW/1.05(or older version), if the BIOS supervisor password is set at BIOS update. Note that this problem does not occur, once the system booted with BIOS 7CETB6WW. If your R60 runs without problems after installing 7CETB6WW/2.06, no need to update to 7CETB7WW/2.07.
Version 7CET50WW (1.05)
- (New) Support of external 1920x1200 resolution wide display.
- (Fix) Docking system in the Dock/Mini Dock sometimes does not appear to be complete.
- (Fix) When the Password reset service of BIOS Setup is enabled (BIOS Setup->Security->Password->Password reset service) and Passphrase is disabled (BIOS Setup->Security->Password->Using Passphrase), POP(Power On Password) or HDP(Hard Disk Password) may not be unlocked with a registered password by the Password reset service.
- (Fix) Even if CD-ROM speed is set to "Silent mode" in BIOS Setup, the "Silent mode" may be changed to "Normal mode".
- (Fix) The process to recognize the kind of adapter connecting the system just after the OS boot was improved.
- (Fix) Display switching to external Display or Projector via Presentation Director is sometimes failed .
- (Fix) Hard dive (HD) reset may not be issued to secondary HD of Ultrabase when communication reset is required.
- (Fix) USB device enumeration fails at hot dock after undock without eject PC.
Version 7CET49WW (1.04-01)
Version 7CET49WW (1.04)
- (Fix) Previously released Embedded Controller 1.02(7CHT14WW) may cause a spontaneous wrong key input when you key input with an external PS/2 type keyboard.
- Numeric characters (2, 4, 6 and 8) will be inserted intermittently during cursor move with cursor keys.
- A keyboard behaves as if shift key depressed until a shift key is pressed.
- You can only type only Uppercase characters. (Some keys seem to keystrokes, because the shift cases are not defined).
- Multiple selection with cursor keys
- Numeric keypad will turn to cursor keys
- (Fix) Data Execution Prevention is not correctly disabled in BIOS Setup Utility.
- (Fix) Video BIOS updates.
Version 7CET47WW (1.02)
Any of the following ThinkPad systems:
- (New) Support for ThinkPad R60.
- ThinkPad R60, R60i (Types: 94xx)
Click here to download the latest BIOS update (Utility)
Click here to download the latest BIOS update (Bootable CD)