Turn off the LCD display, leaving the screen blank. hard drive spindown while CPU still works. To turn the LCD display on again, press any key or the TrackPoint stick.
This function causes the system to enter a low power sleep state. The unit may remain in the Sleep state for an extended time. For ACPI systems the OS will determine which state the system will enter by user setting on the control panel.
Wireless radio on/off switching
Enable or disable the built-in wireless networking features ( the IEEE 802.11 standard) and the Bluetooth features. If this combination of keys are pressed, a list of wireless features is displayed in the Wireless Radio Control window. The user can quickly change the power state of each feature in the list.
Switch a display output location
- External monitor (CRT display)
- Computer display and external monitor (LCD + CRT display)
- Computer display (LCD)
Notes: For any operating system other than Microsoft Windows 2000 or Microsoft Windows XP, no additional procedure is needed; just press Fn+F7.
- This function does not work when different desktop images are displayed on the computer display and the external monitor (the Extend desktop function).
- This function does not work while a DVD movie or a video clip is playing.
- For Windows 2000 or Windows XP, a hotkey application might take over the switching function.
Horizontal/Vertical screen expansion (hardware stretch) function is enabled, so that VGA mode screen will be expanded to whole size of SVGA LCD or XGA LCD.
- In ACPI OS (Windows XP, Windows 2000, and later), this function is not supported.
- When hardware overlay screen or 3D full screen application is active, this hotkey-function will be disabled.
Issue device ejection
Opens the ThinkPad EasyEject Utility screen. Buttons for the following choices are displayed:
- Eject ThinkPad PC from X4 UltraBase (X41 only) or from the X4 Dock (X41 Tablet only): This button is displayed only if the ThinkPad computer has been attached to a X4 UltraBase. You can detach the computer from the X4 UltraBase.
- Run EasyEject Actions: You can select, stop, and remove external devices connected to the ThinkPad computer.
- Configure EasyEject Actions: You can open the ThinkPad EasyEject Utility main window.
- Fn+F9 Settings: You can configure the settings for the Fn+F9 function.
Note: This function is supported only in Windows XP and Windows 2000.
Turn hibernation mode on. To return to normal operation, press the power button for less than four seconds.
Note: To use Fn+F12 for hibernation in Windows XP and Windows 2000, the PM device driver must have been installed on the computer.
Note: This function is supported only on the ThinkPad computer that have the ThinkLight. The on or off status of the ThinkLight is shown on the screen for a few seconds when the user press Fn+PgUp.
LCD brightness up
The LCD becomes brighter.
LCD brightness down
The LCD becomes less bright.
Enable the FullScreen Magnifier function.