This article is about how to diagnose CD and DVD drive issues.
The above symptom may occur on the following systems:
All Idea Laptops
To diagnose your CD or DVD try the following steps:
Test your CD-ROM, CD-RW, or DVD drive after performing each step. Some of these steps may not apply to your computer.
1. Verify that the disc media is used.
2. Try multiple original discs (not burned copies) which are clean and free of scratches.
3. Verify that the disc is seated properly in the CD-ROM, CD-RW, or DVD drive.
4. Verify that the CD-ROM, CD-RW, or DVD drive is visible in My Computer.
5. Verify that the drive is identified with no conflicts in Device Manager.
a. Go to “Start”, right-click “Computer” and select “Manage “.
b. Click “Device Manger” in the left pane.
c. If the device is "conflicted" (indicated with a red "X" or yellow "!"), uninstall the driver (with delete key) in Windows Device Manager and restart the computer.
Lenovo, Lenovo 3000, IdeaCentre and IdeaPad are trademarks of the Lenovo Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.