- System Update is used to update/install Lenovo drivers, BIOS and applications.
- System Update should be used to update your system after a new setup or re-image
- It is recommended that you do not install BIOS updates along with other updates.
- System Update may need to be run multiple times to ensure all updates have been downloaded and installed successfully
- Ensure you are using the correct version of System Update.
- Windows XP and Vista use Version 3.14
- Windows 7 requires Version 4.0 or later
- Launching System Update
System Update is located in different areas depending on the operating system and System.
- Think Products with Windows 7:
- Click Start Button, All Programs, Lenovo Thinkvantage Tools and Drivers
- Click the Blue Button on the Windows Toolbar, Click System Health, Run Latest Software and Updates
- Think Products with XP Click Start Button, All Programs, Thinkvantage, and then run System Update
- Idea Products Click Start Button, All Programs, Lenovo Care, and run Update Your System
- Select Get new updates or click next
* System Update may need to be updated. Click Yes to update and restart system update
- Please select "Do not ask me again. I agree on sending this information every time." then click on OK. This screen will not appear if system update has already been run.
- Please select "I agree to this License Notice for all future packages. Do not show me this License Notice again.", the click on Accept.
- Below is an example. Four tabs that can be selected. Review each tab and select the needed updates.
Pick the update(s) that you want to install, then click Next.
- Critical Updates - Are updates that should be installed
- Recommended Updates - Are updates that should be reviewed and installed
- Optional Updates - Are updates that should be reviewed and installed
- Extras - This normally contains options for your system. It can contain both accessories and software
- Download or Defer Installation.
- Download will start the download process and install the updates.
- Defer installation will only download the update and not install the update.
** You will need to re-launch System Update and select "Install deferred updates" to install your selected updates.
- Trouble shooting System Update
- Verify that you're running the correct version of System Update. Select Help in the upper right hand corner, then select about.
- Windows 7 you must run version 4.0 or later.
- Windows XP or Vista you must run version 3.14 or later.
- Verify that you can access the Internet
- Verify in the BIOS that the system information is the correct model and type. Your model and Type will be found on the bottom of your system. You can access the BIOS on most systems by pressing F1 at post. Some system use other keys, the key required will be shown when the system powers up
- Reinstall System Update by downloading the correct version from Lenovo Support Website