|Display size||17.0 inches|
|Maximum viewable area||17.0 inches|
|Maximum Resolution/pixel rate (Hz)||1280 x 1024|
|Video input||15-pin D|
|Pixel pitch||0.264 mm|
Vertical: + 70 degrees / - 60 degrees
Horizontal: +/- 75 degrees
|Dimensions (monitor and stand unpacked)|
Weight: 14.5 lbs (6.6 kg)
Height: 16.2 inches (412 mm)
Width: 16.1 inches (409 mm)
Depth: 8.7 inches (222 mm)
|Power requirements||Input voltage: 100 to 240 V ac +- 10%|
Frequency: 50/60 Hz +/-3 Hz
Power consumption (Maximum): < 45 watts
Power consumption (Normal Use): < 45 watts typical
Power consumption (VESA Standby): < 2 watts
Power consumption (VESA Suspend): < 2 watts
Power consumption (VESA Off): < 1 watt
Maximum earth leakage current: < 3.5 mA at 264 V
Maximum earth leakage current: < 0.5 mA at 100 V
- Built-in two-watt/channel stereo speakers
- Two headphone jacks for private listening
- Volume control
- Direct access for automatic image setup and brightness
- Analog input (15-pin D)
- Internal power
- 100 mm Video Electronic Standards Association (VESA) standard for mounting
3 year Limited - customer carry-in exchange (North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America)
1 year Limited - customer carry-in exchange (Japan)
|The ThinkVision L170M 17.0-inch Monitor (6734) is intended to operate with system units or video adapters that generate a video output signal falling within the following specification:|
|Addressability (Horizontal x Vertical Pixels)/(Incoming video refresh rate) |
|640 x 480 (70 Hz NI)||800 x 600 (56 Hz NI)||1024 x 768 (70 Hz NI)|
|640 x 480 (60 Hz NI)||800 x 600 (60 Hz NI)||1024 x 768 (72 Hz NI)|
|640 x 480 (67 Hz NI)||800 x 600 (72 Hz NI)||1024 x 768 (75 Hz NI)|
|640 x 480 (72 Hz NI)||800 x 600 (75 Hz NI)||1024 x 864 (75 Hz NI)|
|640 x 350 (75 Hz NI)||832 x 624 (75 Hz NI)||1024 x 768 (75 Hz NI)|
|720 x 400 (70 Hz NI)||1024 x 768 (60 Hz NI)||1152 x 864 (75 Hz NI)|
- MPR-3 (Sweden)
- ISO/DIS 13406 Part 2
- Software: Windows Hardware Logo Program
- Ergonomics: ISO/DIS 13406 Part 2
UL (U.S.), CSA (Canada), IEC950 CB Report, NEMKO (Norway), SEMKO, DEMKO (Denmark), FIMKO (Finland), TUV, UL (U.S.), CSA (Canada), IEC950 CB Report, NEMKO (Norway), SEMKO, DEMKO (Denmark), FIMKO (Finland), TUV, FCC B (U.S.), IC (Canada), CE (Europe), Korean, Australia, VCCI Class B (Japan), New Zealand, BSMI
- Supported display modes are a function of the attaching system unit and video subsystem. The full range of display modes available with these monitors may not be available or supported with all combinations of system units, their operating systems, video adapter cards, and application software.
- Horizontal- and vertical-synchronization signal timings are critical in order to achieve acceptable screen images. As a consequence, support for all possible variations in H- and V-sync timings for any display mode cannot be assumed.
- Adjustment of the user controls to enlarge the image to its maximum size requires that the signal timings of the display mode being used fall within the monitor-timing specifications.
- The number of colors shown in any display mode (up to a maximum of 16.7 million) is not limited by the monitor, but depends on the capabilities of the video adapter in the system unit.
- The ThinkVision L170m provides FCC class B - residential installation - compliance in all display modes.
- Implementation of monitor power management follows the VESA DPMS standard. This standard must also be implemented in the attaching system unit hardware and software for monitor power management to be effective. The system implementation must provide user-adjustable, power-down delay periods. The monitor power management function is invoked only after appropriate signals are received from an attached system unit or video adapter.
- Implementation of monitor Plug and Play follows the VESA DDC standard. This standard must also be implemented in the attaching system unit hardware and software for monitor Plug and Play to be effective.
- Certain functions require the system unit to be similarly configured, so all monitor functions may not be enabled when attached to a particular system unit.
- A 17.0-inch TFT monitor has nearly 4.0 million sub pixel transistors laid over an area exceeding 141 square inches. Cost-effective manufacturing processes introduce a small number of defective sub pixel transistors. The L170m monitor is considered within specification up to 10 sub-pixels defects as follows:
- Total ten dark and bright (seven dark, four bright)
- Two adjacent: Maximum on one adjacent pair
- Use of 50% background is not recommended since some users may see undesirable FOS effects.
- The Auto-Setup "test pattern" can be used with Microsoft Windows 3.1, Windows NT 3.5, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, and DOS 7.0 only.