- Password Manager 4.60 fixed the issue of the Google Chrome Web browser disables Password Manager. Password Manager prior to 4.60 will not work with Google Chrome anymore.
- New Password Manager extension was released from Google Chrome Web Store. The new extension will work only with password manager 4.60 or after. You can access to the extension from here.
ThinkVantage Password Manager allows users to save passwords for Web sites and Windows applications, and subsequently auto-fills those passwords when the user visits those Web sites or logs on to the application.
Password Manager provides a user interface that allows the user to review and modify entries stored in the password database. The user interface also allows
the user to configure the application’s settings.
If this package has been installed, updating (overwrite-installing) this package will fix problems, add new functions, or expand functions as noted
- All ThinkPad
- All ThinkCentre
- All ThinkStation
|Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- [Important] Important update
- (New) New function or enhancement
- (Fix) Correction to existing function
- (Important) Support High DPI display
- System requirements
- Update your system to the latest Lenovo BIOS
- 1.5 GB of free space on your hard drive
- 512 MB of memory is recommended
- 8 MB of VRAM shared memory set in BIOS
- Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit version or Microsoft Windows 8 32-bit/64-bit version
- Upgrade and compatibility
- If the user attempts to install this version of Password Manager with an existing version of CSS/Password Manager already installed, a message will be displayed indicating that upgrades are not supported. The user will be instructed to export existing Password Manager data before uninstalling the existing version and installing this new version of Password Manager.
- User data will not be automatically transferred when the user uninstalls the previous version of CSS/Password Manager and installs Password Manager.
The user must manually export their password database before uninstalling CSS/Password Manager, and manually import the database Password Manager is installed. A message alerting the user to export their passwords will be displayed and the installation will be blocked if the user attempts to install Password Manager while CSS/Password Manager is installed.
- Attempting to install the existing version of CSS/Password Manager with Password Manager already installed will cause the CSS/Password Manager installation to display an error and block the installation.
- If you see any issue that Password Manager 4.3 could not recognize the fingerprint sensor in some systems.
Install the following packages: Password Manager 4.2 Patch for Lenovo Fingerprint Software 188.8.131.52 for Windows 7
Please refer to the README file for the following:
- Installation Instructions
- Determining Which Version is Installed
- Complete list of summary of changes
- Known limitations (if any)