|LCD size and type||17.0 inch (432.0 mm) LCD|
|Viewable image size||17.0 inch / 432.0 mm|
|Maximum viewable area||340 x 272 mm|
|Brightness (typical)||250 cd/m2|
|Contrast ratio (typical)||700 : 1|
|Viewing angle (typical)||Horizontal: 140 degrees|
| ||Vertical: 130 degrees|
|Cell response time (typical)||5 ms|
|RGB vertical stripe pixel pitch||0.264 mm|
|Video input||VGA Analog|
|Tilt||4 degrees forward|
|30 degrees backward|
|Factory-preset display modes||16|
|SYNC on Green||No|
|ISO 13406 Part 2||Yes|
|VESA DPMS power management capable||Yes|
|Power cord - detached||1.8 meter|
|FCC B compliance||Yes|
|MPR-2 emission compliance||Yes|
|MPR-3 emission compliance||Yes|
|TCO'03 Environmental Label||Yes (Machine type model 9227-AG1)|
|TCO'99 Environmental Label||Yes (Machine type model 9227-AE1)|
|Width||14.6 in (371.0 mm)||17.2 in (436.0 mm)|
|Depth||6.8 in (173.2 mm)||6.9 in (175.0 mm)|
|Height||15.2 in (387.0 mm)||14.8 in (375.0 mm)|
|Weight||9.1 lb (4.2 kg)||11.7 LB (5.3 kg)|
- Input voltage: 100 to 240 V ac +/- 10%
- Frequency: 50/60 Hz +/-3 Hz
- Power consumption:
- Normal use: < 20 watts typical
- VESA standby: < 2 watts
- VESA suspend: < 2 watts
- VESA off: < 1 watt
- Maximum earth leakage current:
- < 3.5 mA at 264 V
- < 0.25 ma at 100 V
|Operating||10 to 35 deg. C||10 to 80 %||0 to 10,000 ft (3,000 m)|
|Shipping||-20 to 60 deg. C||5 to 95 %||0 to 15,000 ft (4,500 m)|
|Storage||-20 to 60 deg. C||5 to 95 %||0 to 10,000 ft (3,000 m)|
Declared acoustical noise emissions LWAU = 4.5 bels or less. The noise emission level stated is the declared (upper limit) A-weighted sound power level, in bels, for a random sample of monitors. All measurements are made in accordance with ANSI S12.10 and reported in conformance with ISO/DIS 7779.
- One monitor
- Tilt stand with customer-installed base
- Attached 1.8-meter (5.9-foot) analog video signal cable (15-pin D to 15-pin D)
- Power cord
- A 3 -> 2 pin AC adapter (Japan only)
- A Japanese proof of purchase card (Japan only)
- CD containing multilingual user's guide, setup test pattern, and .INF file
- Setup poster
- Safety, troubleshooting, and warranty guide
Note: With the exception of the models for U.S., Canada, and Japan, the power cords (based on the country order code) are supplied by distribution centers.
Three years - Customer Carry-in or Mail-in using Rapid Replacement Service
- Announce date: 15 Apr 2008 (Worldwide)
- Planned availability date: 18 Apr 2008 (Worldwide)
The display is intended to operate with system units or video adapters that generate a video output signal falling within the following specification:
|Maximum addressability||1280 x 1024 pixels|
|Maximum pixel rate||140 MHz|
The monitor supports VESA Standard Timings as detailed in "Display Monitor Timing Specification," Version 1.0, Revision 0.8, dated September 17, 1998, for the following modes:
- VGA: 640 x 480 at 60, 66, 72 and 75 Hz
- SVGA: 800 x 600 at 60, 72 and 75 Hz
- XGA: 1024 x 768 at 60, 70 and 75
- SXGA: 1280 x 1024 at 60, 72 and 75 Hz
This monitor also supports the following modes:
- 640 x 350 at 70 Hz
- 720 x 400 at 70 Hz
- 1280 x 1024 at 76 Hz
Note: National language support is a function of the video adapter in the system unit and the application or support software.
(H x V Pixels)
|Incoming video refresh rate|
|640 x 350||70 Hz|
|640 x 480||60 Hz|
|720 x 400||70 Hz|
|800 x 600||60 Hz|
|1024 x 768||60 Hz|
|1280 x 1024||60 Hz|
The factory-preset modes cannot be overwritten, but can be adjusted to personal choice. The new settings are stored automatically in one of the user locations and are recalled each time that mode is used. The factory settings for the mode in use, if any, can be restored by operating the reset control.
Information about the current incoming display mode is shown in the on-screen displays. However, it is displayed at the LCD panel's optimum refresh rate of 60 Hz.
It may be necessary to make some adjustments to the displayed image to compensate for variations in video signal timings. The user controls can be used to make these adjustments.
The Lenovo ThinkVision L174 monitor is supplied with a detachable 1.8-meter (5.9-foot) video signal cable. This cable has the widely used 15-pin, D-Sub video connector for system unit connection.
This monitor has been tested with ThinkCentre and ThinkPad systems and is compatible with systems and graphics adapters that comply with the relevant parts of "VESA and industry standards and guidelines for computer display monitor timing" Version 1.0 Revision 0.8, adopted September 17, 1998. Supported display modes and number of colors are a function of the attaching system unit. The full range of display modes, refresh rates, and number of colors available with this monitor may not be available or supported with all combinations of system units, their operating systems, and application software. Implementation of monitor Plug and Play follows the VESA DDC standard. This standard must also be implemented in the attaching system unit hardware and software to be effective.
- Microsoft Windows Vista Basic
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- TCO'03 (Machine type model 9227-AG1)
- TCO'99(Machine type model 9227-AE1)
- MPR-2 (Sweden)
- ENERGY STAR 4.1 (US)
- ISO 13406 Part 2
- Software: MS 2000/XP/Vista Basic
UL (US), CSA/cUL (Canada), IEC950 CB Report, NEMKO (Norway), SEMKO, DEMKO (Denmark), FIMKO (Finland), TUV, CCC (China), NOM, SASO, GOST, PSB (Singapore), Jordon, BSMI, Australia, JEITA, UL-S (Argentina), Green Mark (Taiwan), FCC B (US), IC (Canada), CE (Europe), MIC (Korea), VCCI Class B (Japan), South Africa, New Zealand
- Not all supported display modes run at the high refresh rates necessary for flicker-free performance. Display modes at lower refresh rates are available for compatibility with older video adapters and system units and will not be ISO-compliant.
- Supported display modes are a function of the attaching system unit and video subsystem. The full range of display modes available with these monitors may not be available or supported with all combinations of system units, their operating systems, video adapter cards, and application software.
- Horizontal- and vertical-synchronization signal timings are critical in order to achieve acceptable screen images. As a consequence, support for all possible variations in H- and V-sync timings for any display mode cannot be assumed.
- Adjustment of the user controls to enlarge the image to its maximum size requires that the signal timings of the display mode being used fall within the monitor-timing specifications.
- The number of colors shown in any display mode will exceed 16 million and is dependent on the capabilities of the video adapter in the system unit.
- The Lenovo ThinkVision L174 provides FCC class B - residential installation - compliance in all display modes.
- Implementation of monitor power management follows the VESA DPMS standard. This standard must also be implemented in the attaching system unit hardware and software for monitor power management to be effective. The system implementation must provide user-adjustable, power-down delay periods. The monitor power management function is invoked only after appropriate signals are received from an attached system unit or video adapter.
- Implementation of monitor Plug and Play follows the VESA DDC standard. This standard must also be implemented in the attaching system unit hardware and software for monitor Plug and Play to be effective.
- Certain functions require the system unit to be similarly configured, so all monitor functions may not be enabled when attached to a particular system unit.
- A 17.0 in (432.0 mm) TFT monitor has nearly 4.0 million subpixel transistors laid over an area exceeding 141 square inches. Cost-effective manufacturing processes introduce a small number of defective subpixel transistors. The Lenovo ThinkVision L174 meets the ISO 13406-2 Class II Pixel Defect Standard.
- Use of 50% gray background is not recommended since some users may see undesirable FOS effects.
- The auto-setup "test pattern" can be used with Microsoft Windows 3.1, Windows NT 3.5, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, and DOS 7.0 only.