Access Connections will not be able to connect with Intel WiMax card.
All ThinkPads running Access Connections for Windows XP and an Intel WiMax card 5150 or 5350 maybe affected by this symptom.
To recover the Access Connections functionality:
- Start Windows XP and logon with administrative privileges.
- Click Start, select Settings, click Control Panel, then click Network Connections.
- Confirm that the following Device Name belongs to Network Bridge. Intel® Wireless WiMax Link 5350 or Intel® Wireless WiMax Link 5150.
- Right-click its Name (Wireless Network Connection).
- Click Remove from Bridge.
- Confirm that it belongs to LAN or High-Speed Internet.
- Right-click its Name again and click Properties.
- The Wireless Network connection Properties tab will open and under the General tab, check at WLAN Transport.
- Restart the system.