Note: The Bluetooth module is available only in some models.
To replace the Bluetooth module, do the following:
- Remove all media from the drives and turn off all attached devices and the computer. Then, disconnect all power cords from electrical outlets and disconnect all cables that are connected to the computer.
- Place a soft, clean towel or cloth on the desk or surface. Hold the sides of your computer and gently lay it down so that the screen is against the surface and the cover is facing up.
- Remove the computer cover. See Removing the computer cover.
- Remove the rear I/O assembly cover. See Removing the rear I/O assembly cover.
- Locate the Bluetooth module in the computer. See Component locations.
- Note the Bluetooth module cable routing and disconnect the cable from the system board.
- Carefully release the Bluetooth module and lift the Bluetooth module out of the computer.
- Position the new Bluetooth module into the computer front bezel and then press the new Bluetooth module downward until it is secured into place.
- Connect the new Bluetooth module cable to the system board. See System board part and connector locations.
- Reinstall the rear I/O assembly cover. See Removing the rear I/O assembly cover.
- To complete the installation or replacement, go to Completing the parts replacement.