Use the following information to keep your notebook, tablet, or all-in-one device looking shiny and new.
Occasionally clean the exterior of your computer as follows:
- Prepare a small mixture of a gentle kitchen-use detergent (one that does not contain abrasive powder or strong chemicals such as an acid or alkaline). Use 5 parts water to 1 part detergent.
- Absorb the diluted detergent into a sponge or lint-free, soft cloth.
- Squeeze out the excess liquid from the sponge or cloth.
- Wipe the cover, using a circular motion and taking care not to let any excess liquid drip.
- Wipe the surface to remove the detergent.
- Rinse the sponge or cloth with clean running water and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Wipe the cover with the clean sponge or lint-free, soft cloth.
- Wipe the surface again with a dry, lint-free, soft cloth.
- Wait for the surface to dry completely and then remove any fibers left from the sponge or cloth.
- Absorb some isopropyl rubbing alcohol on a lint-free, soft cloth.
- Wipe the keytop surface with the cloth, ensuring no liquid drips on or between the keys.
- Allow to dry.
- Never spray or pour any liquid cleaner directly on the LCD display or the keyboard.
- You can use compressed air to remove any crumbs and dust from beneath the keys.
- Gently wipe the display with a dry, lint-free, soft cloth. If you see a scratch-like mark on your display, it might be a stain transferred from the keyboard or the TrackPoint pointer when the cover was pressed from the outside.
- Wipe or dust the stain gently with a dry, soft cloth.
- If the stain remains, moisten a lint-free, soft cloth with water or a 50-50 mixture of isopropyl alcohol and water that does not contain impurities.
- Wring out as much of the liquid as you can.
- Wipe the display again; do not let any liquid drip into the computer.
- Dry the display before closing the lid.
- Anti-static LCD cleaning cloths and Kim Wipes are also acceptable alternatives.
- Isopropyl Alcohol is a flammable liquid. Do not use this cleaner near an exposed flame or when the system is on.
- It is safe to use a disinfecting wipe containing up to 0.5% hydrogen peroxide.
- Gently wipe the system thoroughly, being careful to ensure no liquid drips in to the computer.
- After disinfecting, allow the computer to dry completely prior to next use