Lenovo Linux Diagnostics - Bootable CD is a diagnostic tool that can be booted itself and tests hardware devices in Lenovo ThinkPad, ThinkCentre, ThinkStation, ThinkServer and IdeaPad.
- B350, B545, B550, B750, Beacon
- C260, C340, C355, C360, C365, C455, C460, C470, C560
- Flex 20
- H30-00, H30-05, H30-50, H430, H500, H50-00, H50-05, H500s, H50-30G, H50-50, H50-55
- H515, H515s, H520e, H530, H530s, H535, H535s
- Horizon 2 27, HORIZON 2e, HORIZON 2s
- K415, K450, K450e, Lenovo 63, Q190, X310, X315
- E73, E73z, E93, E93z
- Edge62z, Edge71, Edge71z, Edge72, Edge72z, Edge91, Edge91z, Edge92,Edge92z
- M32, M53, M60e, M62z, M71e, M71z, M72e, M72z, M73, M73z, M75e, M76, M77, M78, M81, M82, M83
- M90z, M91, M91p, M92, M92z, M93, M93p, M93z
- C20, C20x, C30
- D20, D30
- E30, E31, E32
- P300, P500
- S20, S30
- Edge E120, Edge E125, Edge E130, Edge E135, Edge E145
- Edge E220s, Edge E320, Edge E325, Edge E330, Edge E335
- Edge E420, Edge E420s, Edge E425, Edge E430, Edge E430c, Edge E431, Edge E435
- Edge E440, Edge E445, Edge E455
- Edge E520, Edge E525, Edge E530, Edge E530c, Edge E531, Edge E535, Edge L330
- Helix (Type 3xxx)
- L420, L430, L440, L520, L530, L540
- S220, S3, S420, S430, S431, S440, S5, S531
- Twist S230u
- T420, T420s, T430u, T430s, T431s, T430, T440, T440p, T440s, T520, T530, T540p
- W520, W530, W540
- X1, X1 Carbon (Type 20A7, 20A8), X1 Carbon (Type 34xx)
- X121e, X130e, X131e, X140e
- X220, X220 Tablet, X230, X230s, X230 Tablet, X240, X240s
- Yoga, Yoga 11e, Yoga 14
- Lenovo Essential
- B475e, B480, B490, B490s, B575e, B580, B590
- B4400, B4450s, B5400
- E49, E4430, K2450, K29, K4350, K4450, K49
- G400, G400s, G405, G405s, G410, G410s, G480, G485, G500, G500s, G505, G505s, G510, G510s
- G580, G585, G700, G710, G780
- M4400, M4400s, M4450, M5400, M490, M490s, M495
- V4400, V4400u, V480, V480c, V480s, V490u, V580, V580c
|Supported Operating Systems
- All operating system - Self Bootable
- [Important] Important update
- (New) New function or enhancement
- (Fix) Correction to existing function
- ADD: Storage - New eMMC Write Test for Windows.
- ADD: New Processor Diagnostic for Windows and Linux.
- ADD: New Optical Drive Diagnostic for Windows and Linux.
- ADD: Run All option, for running all diagnostics.
- CHG: Motherboard diagnostics support Wellsburg and Valleyview chipsets.
- FIX: Translation of the word "Vendor" in German language.
- FIX: LSC CLI - Help - The PCI Express, Wireless and Video Card modules are out off pattern.
- FIX: Storage - "Scan for and recover bad sectors" is being executed as "Scan for bad sectors only".
- FIX: Video Card - After the system event "Switch User", the stress test returns status Warning.
- FIX: Video Card - After a system event, the log message of the Texture Pipeline Test displays the Total of tested patterns, but this message should not be displayed.
- FIX: Video Card - Video Memory Test and Extended Video Memory Test are returning Warning Status and Segmentation fault by cancelling the tests when current status is 0% on Red Hat.
- FIX: Video Card - The Texture Pipeline Test returns "Failed" Status when the event "Switch User" occurs on Red Hat.
- FIX: LSC CLI - Storage - LSC CLI does not recognizes the "Device ID" field when it is a non-numerical character then runs for all the devices.
- FIX: Storage - Self-Tests should run, but are returning status "Not Applicable" for some SAMSUNG drives.
- FIX: LSC CLI - Log shows characters "?????" in the label of a HD partition.
- FIX: SMART Short Self Test returns status Failed without log message.
- FIX: System Information - Video card information does not match with GPU Caps Viewer.
- FIX: Video Card - The info Shown at device info screen in Execution Log is different of described by requirements.
- FIX: All modules - The order of the tests is different in log.
For any open source code used in generating this application, you can download it at
Open Source Code for Lenovo Linux Diagnostics and Lenovo Bootable Diagnostics
Please refer to the README file for the following:
- Installation Instructions
- How to run
- Limitations and considerations