Note: This program has expired on October 1, 2010. Information provided herein serves as reference only.
|Select your preferred language from the list below: |
A limited number of ThinkPad users have reported the following symptoms:
- Irreparable damage or battery cannot be charged error message from Power Manager or Message Center
- Low battery capacity, as indicated by short battery run time or sudden drops in the battery fuel gauge
Only the following ThinkPad Models and battery FRU part numbers are affected by this issue:
|ThinkPad||Battery FRU part number|
|R60, R60e, R60i R61, R61e, R61i, T60, T60p, T61, T61p||42T4546, 42T4566, 92P1141|
|X60, X60s, X61, X61s||42T4550, 42T4567, 42T4568, 92P1169, 92P1173, 93P5028, 93P5030|
Note: This issue is not a safety recall and does not pose a safety hazard.
To see examples of what this error message looks like, click the links below.
Run the Battery Diagnostic Tool (link provided below) to determine if your battery has failed due to this issue and qualifies for a free replacement. If the tool determines that your battery is eligible, it will direct you to the site where you can request a replacement. Lenovo is offering replacements only for batteries that have failed due to this problem.
Note: Battery diagnostic tool no longer available
About the Battery Diagnostic Tool:
- The battery must be installed in the computer.
- The tool requires an active Internet connection for the following reasons:
- To query our server for the current time and date
- To check for tool updates
- To open your default web browser to order a replacement battery if your battery qualifies
- If you have any problems running the tool, please temporarily disable your firewall software and run the tool again.