Camera gets activated automatically even when instant messaging applications are not in use. The article introduces the method of disabling the camera upon startup both in Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. You can choose the method based on your PC's operating system.
The above symptom is associated with, but not limited to, the following systems:
Windows 8.1, Windows 7
1. Open Charms Bar and click on Settings option. Click on PC info.
2. Click on Device Manager
3. Look for “Imaging devices”. Expand the option.
4. Right click on “Lenovo EasyCamera” and choose Disable.
Method One:1. Click on Windows Start
4. Right click on “Integrated Camera” and choose Disable.
5. A popup question “Disabling this device will cause it to stop functioning. Do you really want to disable it?”. Click on “Yes”.
Method Two:1. Click on Windows Start