Note for ThinkPad X1 Carbon users:
This document supports both X1 Carbon (Type 3443, 3444, 3446, 3448, 3460, 3462, 3463) and X1 Carbon (Type 20A7, 20A8).
To find your X1 Carbon Type, please click here for more details.
Lenovo Mobile Broadband Activation is an application for ThinkPad systems to support mobile broadband (3G/4G) activation for various service providers with systems containing one of the following devices.
- Qualcomm Gobi 2000 HS-USB Modem 9205
- Qualcomm Gobi 3000 HS-USB Modem 9013
- Sierra Wireless Gobi 4000 MC7750
- Sierra Wireless Gobi 4000 MC7700
- Sierra Wireless Gobi 5000 EM7355
- Ericsson F3507g Mobile Broadband Modem
- Ericsson F3607gw Mobile Broadband Modem
- Ericsson F5521gw Mobile Broadband Modem
- Ericsson H5321gw Mobile Broadband Modem
- Ericsson N5321gw Mobile Broadband Modem
- Sierra Wireless EM7345 4G LTE
- Lenovo B4400, B4450s, B480, B5400, B580
- Lenovo E49, K2450, K4450
- Lenovo M4400s, M490, M490s, M495, M5400, M5400 Touch
- Lenovo V4400u ,V480, V480s, V490u, V580
- ThinkPad Edge 11, Edge 13, Edge 14, Edge 15
- ThinkPad Edge E10, Edge E30, Edge E31, Edge E40, Edge E50
- ThinkPad Edge E120, Edge E125, Edge E130, Edge E135, Edge E145
- ThinkPad Edge E220s, Edge E320, Edge E325, Edge E330, Edge E335
- ThinkPad Edge E420, Edge E420s, Edge E425, Edge E430, Edge E431, Edge E435, Edge E440, Edge E540
- ThinkPad Edge E520, Edge E525, Edge E530, Edge E531, Edge E535, Edge L330
- ThinkPad Helix (Type 3xxx)
- ThinkPad L410, L412, L420, L421, L430, L440, L540, L510, L512, L520, L530
- ThinkPad R60, R60e, R60i, R61, R61e, R61i
- ThinkPad R400, R500
- ThinkPad S430, S531, S540, S1 Yoga
- ThinkPad SL300, SL400, SL400c, SL410, SL500, SL500c, SL510
- ThinkPad T400, T400s, T410, T410i, T410s, T410si, T420, T420i, T420s, T420si
- ThinkPad T430, T430i,T430s, T430si, T430u, T431s, T440, T440p, T440s
- ThinkPad T500, T510, T510i, T520, T520i, T530, T530i, T540p
- ThinkPad W500, W510, W520, W530, W540
- ThinkPad X1, X1 Hybrid, X1 Carbon (Machine types: 20A7, 20A8), X1 Carbon (Type 34xx)
- ThinkPad X100e, X120e, X121e, X130e, X131e
- ThinkPad X200, X200s, X200 Tablet, X201, X201i, X201s, X201 Tablet, X220, X220i, X220 Tablet, X220i Tablet
- ThinkPad X230, X230i, X230 Tablet, X230i Tablet, X230s, X240
- ThinkPad X300, X301
- Microsoft Windows 7 32-bit, 64-bit
- [Important] Important update
- (New) New function or enhancement
- (Fix) Correction to existing function
- [Important] Supports the Intel EM7345, EM7355 wireless WAN card on the Windows 7 operating system. To activate the SIM card of Verizon Communications or AT&T, do the following:
For the SIM card of Verizon Communications:
Dial the telephone number as shown in the window of Lenovo Mobile Broadband Activation.
For the SIM card of AT&T:
Dial the telephone number or go to the Web site as shown in the window of Lenovo Mobile Broadband Activation.
- [Important] Supports the Intel EM7355 wireless WAN card on the Windows 7 operating system. To activate the SIM card of Verizon Communications or
- [New functions or enhancements] You can use one of the following screen readers to help you use Lenovo Mobile Broadband Activation:
The Microsoft Narrator utility
The Job Access With Speech (JAWS) program
- [New functions or enhancements] You can use keyboard shortcuts to perform tasks when using Lenovo Mobile Broadband Activation.
- [Important] Support for the new carrier T-Mobile activation in US with Gobi 3000 wireless wide area network (WWAN) card on the Windows 7 operating system.
- [Important] Support for Ericsson N5321 on the Windows 7 operating system.
- (Fix) Fixed the issue that duplicated customer files are created for AT&T when using Access Connections as the connection tool.
- [Important] Supports the new carrier "T-Moblie" activation in US with Gobi 3000 WWAN card in Windows 7
Please refer to the README file under the "File details" section for a complete list of changes fixed by this driver update.
Before installing Lenovo Mobile Broadband, it is required to install the following software.
This section assumes to use Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer.
- Click once on the underlined file name. Once this is done, some pop-up windows will appear.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- In the window to choose Run or Save, click the Save button.
- Choose the folder you would like to download the file to and click the Save button. A different window will appear and the download will begin and complete. Once the download has completed, there may or may not be a message stating that the download completed successfully.
- Make sure to be logged on with an administrator account.
- Locate the directory where the file was downloaded.
- Locate the file that was downloaded and double-click it.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Finally delete the file saved in Step 4.
- Start Windows and logon with an administrator account.
- Click Start, then click Control Panel.
- Make sure View by Category is selected, and click Uninstall a program.
- Select Lenovo Mobile Broadband Activation, and click Uninstall or Uninstall/Change.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete uninstallation and restart the computer.
- Start the Lenovo Mobile Broadband Activation application. The main screen will be displayed.
- Click the Help Menu icon in the main screen and select About Mobile Broadband Activate option.
The version will be displayed in the bottom of image.