No video or fails to post after installing memory upgrade or backflashing from 5CKT67A or later on a ThinkCentre M58/M58p - ThinkCentre M58, M58p
No video on display or fails to post after installing memory upgrade or backflashing from 5CKT67A or later.
The above symptom may occur on the following systems:
The System BIOS level is 5CKT66A or lower.
- This symptom may occur when installing new generation DDR3 memory DIMMs and SODIMMs that use more address lines than was originally supported on the ThinkCentre M58/M58p.
- Support for these newer generation memory DIMMs and SODIMMs has been added to system BIOS 5CKT67A and later levels.
- Users who encounter this no video symptom should first remove the new memory they added, and try powering up the system to confirm that the system is working correctly with the original memory.
- Next, they should confirm that the memory DIMM upgrade module is supported on the ThinkCentre M58/M58p by referring to the Lenovo Desktop Memory Compatibility support page
Click here to refer to Lenovo Desktop Memory Compatibility support page
- Once the memory DIMM compatibility has been confirmed, users should upgrade the System BIOS to level 5CKT67A or later.
- Finally, reinstall the memory upgrade and verify that the system now works correctly.
- If updating the BIOS does not resolve the issue, users should contact Lenovo Support for additional problem determination assistance.
문서 자료 ID
© 2013 Lenovo. All rights reserved.