Click here to rate this page
Unsupported Browser Detected: Dear user, the browser you’re currently using is not supported by this website. Please click here for more information about the browsers we support and how to obtain them.
- Verify the ThinkPad system is powered on.
If the ThinkPad system power status indicator is not illuminated, then see Troubleshooting Power issues.
- Ensure the system is not in suspend mode by pressing and holding the Fn key for 10 seconds.
- Toggle between the internal LCD display and an external CRT display by pressing the Fn and F7 keys simultaneously on the ThinkPad keyboard.
- The Presentation Director menu window may interfere with the functionality of the Fn and F7 keystroke.
- There are generally three display mode settings to toggle through (LCD, CRT, and both).
- Some ThinkPad models only support two display modes. CRT only or LCD only.
- Disconnect any external displays.
- Power down the system.
If the system is attached to a docking station or port replicator, then remove the ThinkPad system.
- Verify that the display works on startup for ThinkPad A, G, R, T, X, and Z series systems.
Power on the computer and then the "Press F1 for BIOS Setup Utility", "To interrupt normal startup, press the blue Access IBM button", or "To interrupt normal startup, press the blue ThinkVantage button" message is displayed at the lower left area of the screen.
- Contact your local Support Center if there is still no video display on the ThinkPad LCD. Your ThinkPad may need service.
- If these steps have not solved your problem:
Refer to "Need more help?"
Document ID: HT077134
Last Updated :17 Jun 2014
(c) 2014 Lenovo