The ThinkPad X200 UltraBase (43R8781) snaps easily onto your ThinkPad X200 Series and X201 Series ultraportable or tablet system for portable expansion. It features:
- An Ultrabay Slim for device expansion for the following available options:
- An Ultrabay Slim is also compatible to the following discontinued options::
- Integrated second battery charger to charge a spare battery, all X200 Series or X200 Tablet Series batteries, by:
- Opening the access door on the X200 UltraBase
- Connecting the spare battery to the X200 UltrabBase integrated battery charger
- Standard communication and device ports, including Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45), and four USB 2.0.
- Video capabilities for attaching up to two external monitors:
- DisplayPort monitor port supporting 2560 x 1600 maximum resolution.
- VGA analog port supporting 2048 x 1536 maximum resoution.
- Audio capabilities: Microphone in, Headphone out, and integrated stereo speakers.
- Integrated key lock and cable lock slot physically secures the ThinkPad system and ThinkPad X200 UltraBase
- The cable lock and key lock operate seperately
- The cable lock secures the ThinkPad X200 UltraBase to the workspace (desk, table, pole, furniture, wall)
- The separate key lock, on the side of the ThinkPad X200 UltraBase, secures the ThinkPad to the ThinkPad X200 UltraBase
- To remove the ThinkPad, from the ThinkPad X200 UltraBase, the user turns the seperate key. The user does not need to remove the cable lock from the ThinkPad X200 UltraBase
- Includes two security keys
- Compatible for use with Lenovo Easy Reach Monitor Stand (55Y9258)
- Supports attachment of one of the following power adapters:
- Attach two monitors for multiple monitors by using the DisplayPort and VGA analog video ports. The ThinkPad X200 display is disabled (blank).
- The X200 UltraBase DisplayPort supports attachment of the following DisplayPort monitor cables:
- The X200 UltraBase will charge both the installed battery and the battery attached to the charger simultaneously when the AC adapter is plugged into the UltraBase.
- The integrated second battery charger on the X200 UltraBase allows for charging of the second battery only. It does not function as a supplementary or auxiliary battery for the system.
- The X200 UltraBase does not include a power adapter. It requires the power adapter provided with the system or one of the following:
- Lenovo Easy Reach Monitor Stand (55Y9258) requires removal of the Lenovo Easy Reach Monitor Stand optional support pegs.
- Physical specifications:
- ThinkPad X200 UltraBase (43R8781):
- Approximate height: 27 mm (1.0 in)
- Approximate width: 295 mm (11.6 in)
- Approximate depth: 233 mm (9,2 in)
- Approximate weight: 0.73 kg (1.6 lb)
- ThinkPad X200 UltraBase (43R8781) packaged in a carton:
- Approximate height: 97 mm (3.8 in)
- Approximate width: 305 mm (12.0 in)
- Approximate depth: 363 mm (14.3 in)
- Approximate weight: 1.4 kg (3.1 lb)
- Operating environment:
- Temperature: 5 degrees C (41 degrees F) to + 35 degrees C (95 degrees F)
- Relative humidity: 8% to 80% (non-condensing)
- Storage environment:
- Temperature: - 20 degrees C (- 4 degrees F) to + 60 degrees C (140 degrees F)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% (excluding rain)
3 years Customer Replaceable Unit (CRU)
- Announce date (43R8781): 05 Aug 2008 (Worldwide)
- Planned availability date (43R8781): 15 Aug 2008 (Worldwide)
- Announce date (45K1736): 02 Jun 2009 (Europe/Middle East/Africa retail pack)
- Planned availability date (45K1736): 05 Jun 2009 (Europe/Middle East/Africa retail pack)
- ThinkPad X220, X220t, X220 Tablet: ThinkPad X200 Ultabase (43R8781) is not compatible with ThinkPad X220, X220 Tablet. For a list of ThinkPad X220, X220 Tablet compatible docks and port replicators, go to: Lenovo Support: Docking Stations and Port Replicators: Reference Guide
- Lenovo Easy Reach Monitor Stand (55Y9258): Requires removal of the Lenovo Easy Reach Monitor Stand optional support pegs
- ThinkPad X200 Ultrabase (43R8781) is not compatible with the following notebook and monitor stands:
|FCC, VCCI, CE, UL, CB, BSMI, SASO|