Once "Caps Lock" key is set to "On", the "Caps Lock on" indicator is displayed on the desktop screen permanently.
When the Caps Lock key is set to "Off", the "Caps Lock off" indicator is displayed for a 3 seconds and disappears.
This seems to be the default setting for the "On-Screen Display" package that is part of the "Hotkeys Features Integration" package.
Any of the following ThinkPad systems running on Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000 configured with "Hotkey Features Integration":
- Edge 11, Edge 13, Edge 14, Edge 15
- Edge E10, Edge E30, Edge E31, Edge E40, Edge E50
- L410, L510, L412, L512
- Reserve Edition
- R50, R50e, R50p, R51, R51e, R52
- R60, R60e, R60i, R61, R61e, R61i
- R400, R500
- SL300, SL400, SL400c, SL410, SL500, SL500c, SL510
- T41, T41p, T42, T42p, T43, T43p
- T60, T60p, T61, T61p
- T400, T400s, T410, T410i, T410s, T410si
- T500, T510, T510i
- W500, W510
- W700, W700ds, W701, W701ds
- X31, X32
- X40, X41, X41 Tablet
- X60, X60s, X60 Tablet, X61, X61s, X61 Tablet
- X200, X200s, X200 Tablet, X201, X201i, X201s, X201 Tablet
- X300, X301
- Z60m, Z60t, Z61e, Z61m, Z61p, Z61t
To remove the Caps Lock On indicator from displaying permanently on desktop screen.
- Click Start, then click Control Panel.
- Double-click on Display icon, then click on Settings tab.
- Click on the Advanced button, then click on On-Screen Display tab.
- Under "Indicator settings for NumLock and CapsLock" section, look for "While the numeric lock or caps lock is ON" section, choose the "Show the indicator for a few seconds" option.
- Click Apply, then click OK, and click OK to close the window.