Application upgrade instructions for computers running Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows Me, Microsoft Windows NT, Microsoft Windows 2000 and also intended for Microsoft Windows XP upgrade. For Windows XP installation instructions, refer to the Microsoft Windows XP Setup Guide.
Adaptec CD Creator 4.x versions
- Easy CD Creator 4.x versions are not compatible with Windows XP, and must be uninstalled prior to the Windows XP upgrade. Roxio has information on Easy CD Creator on their Web site at: http://www.roxio.com. Click Support, then click Support Main and follow the link to Easy CD Creator 4.x and Windows XP FAQ.
- Easy CD Creator 5.x versions which are supported on Windows XP must be purchased.
- Windows XP has native CD-R and CD-RW software that can be used with CD-R and CD-RW drives.
- Direct CD Is not supported on Windows XP. Use the native software with Windows XP or visit http://www.roxio.com for additional information.
- VideoWave video capture software should be removed prior to upgrading to XP, then reinstalled after the XP upgrade is successful.
- A new version that supports Windows XP must be purchased and installed if AntiVirus protection is desired.
Ring Central Fax
- Uninstall prior to upgrading to Windows XP, RingCentral Fax is not supported on Windows XP.
Music Match JukeBox
- Obtain a new version that supports Windows XP.