The user may see any of the following symptom:
- System Hang with an Error Message
- Blue Screen, Windows may stop responding with an error message
- The system may auto restart just after an error message
Any of the following systems running the Windows Vista:
- ThinkPad Reserve Edition
- ThinkPad R400, R500
- ThinkPad R60, R60e, R61, R61e, R61i
- ThinkPad T400, T400s, T500
- ThinkPad T60, T60p, T61, T61p
- ThinkPad W500, W700, W700ds
- ThinkPad X60, X60s, X60 Tablet, X61, X61s, X61 Tablet
- ThinkPad X200, X200s, X200 Tablet, X300, X301
- ThinkPad Z61e, Z61m, Z61p, Z61t
This problem is caused by Intel Matrix Storage Manager Driver (iaStor.sys).
Update the Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver version 220.127.116.112 or higher.