Note: Please read the document Installing the palm rest, important additional information before you begin.
Mini PCI card removal movie
- To install the Mini PCI Express wireless WAN card:
- Insert the card at an angle, and seat it on the connector.
- Rotate the card down and secure it with the two screws.
- Connect the auxiliary and main antenna cables.
Use the Same Procedure to install the Mini PCI Express wireless LAN card.
- Install the keyboard:
- Position the keyboard over the system.
- Connect the cable to the system board.
- Seat the keyboard in the bezel.
- Close the cover and turn the system over.
- Secure with the single screw.
- Turn the system over
- Install the palm rest:
- Position the palm rest over the base and connect the finger print reader UltraNav pad cable.
- Align the palm rest with the base and press down to seat the latching tabs.
- Turn the system over.
- Secure with the four screws on the bottom.
- Install the battery pack:
- Position the battery pack into the machine using the side rails as a guide.
- Push in the battery pack until it is secured by the latch.
- Slide the latch to the lock position.
ThinkPad movie index
Detailed installation and removal instructions
Full service video CD available from http://www.pc.ibm.com/training.