This package installs the software (audio driver and utility) to enable the following device.
- SoundMax Integrated Digital HD Audio
- ThinkPad R61(type):
- 7732, 7733, 7734, 7735, 7736, 7737, 7738, 7742
- 7743, 7751, 7753, 7754, 7755
- 8914, 8918, 8919, 8920, 8927, 8928, 8929
- 8942, 8943, 8944, 8945, 8947, 8948, 8949
- ThinkPad R61i (type):
- 7732, 7742, 8918, 8943
- ThinkPad T61, T61p
- ThinkPad X61, X61s, X61 Tablet
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2 Home Edition, Professional
- < > Version number
- [Important] Important update
- (New) New function or enhancement
- (Fix) Correction to existing function
- (Fix) Fixed an issue where the sound might not be recorded by the internal mic.
- [Important] Ended support for Microsoft Windows 2000.
Please use 7ka114ww(220.127.116.1120) for Microsoft Windows 2000.
- (New) Added the support for AD1984A of audio CODEC. The supported BIOS is needed.
Supported model: ThinkPad T61 (attached AD1984A audio CODEC)
Supported BIOS : 2.30(7LETD0WW) or later
- (Fix) No sound recorded on the internal microphone.
- (New) Enhancement of the device driver's function.
- (Fix) No sound after resume from suspend.
- If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the software. To determine if you should update the software, refer to the Version Information section.
- If 7ka113ww(v5670) was installed on the system, it needs to be uninstalled first, then reboot, and then install a new driver.
- OR - uninstall 7ka113ww, dont reboot but instead use the hardware redetection program such as DEVCON from the microsoft site below with "rescan" option, then install a new driver.
This section assumes to use Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer.
- Click once on the underlined file name. Once this is done, some pop-up windows will appear.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- In the window to choose Run or Save, click the Save button.
- Choose the folder you would like to download the file to and click the Save button. A different window will appear and the download will begin and complete. Once the download has completed, there may or may not be a message stating that the download completed successfully.
- Make sure to be logged on with administrative privileges.
- Locate the folder where the file was downloaded.
- Locate the file that was downloaded and double-click it.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- In the "Select Destination Location" window, click Next. If you would like to select a different folder, click Browse.
- In the "Ready to Install" window, click Install. All the necessary files will be extracted to the folder selected in step 9.
- Make sure the checkbox next to "Install ..... now" is checked and click Finish.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete installation and restart the computer
Finally delete the file saved in the step 4.
This is for system administrators' use only.
- Refer to the "Manual Install" section, and download and extract the file.
- In step 11 of the "Installing files" section, uncheck the checkbox next to "Install ..... now", and then click Finish to cancel installation.
- At the command line, execute setup.exe with the -S -SMS option.
Example: [Path where the files were extracted]SETUP.EXE -S -SMS
- Start Windows XP and log on with the user ID authorized as an administrator.
- Click Start, then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Click SoundMAX, then click Change/Remove (or Add/Remove).
- Select Remove or OK, then click Next or OK.
- Click Finish or OK and reboot the system to fully uninstall the drivers.
- Start Windows XP.
- Click Start and then click Control Panel.
- Click Performance and Maintenance.
- Click System.
- Click the Hardware tab.
- Click Device Manager.
- Expand the Sound, video and game controllers section.
- Select SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio.
- Right-click SoundMax Integrated Digital HD Audio, and select Properties.
- Click the Driver tab.
- Click Driver Details.
- Select C:\winnt\system32\drivers\ADIHDAud.sys, to display the version number, where C:\winnt is the location the OS is installed. (Confirm the last 4 digits are 5520)